PDA

View Full Version : Populating Listbox with Combo Box Picks

ameritecc
03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Attached is a user form that is multi page format which allows users to pick different equipment for tabulating cost on an excell worksheet. I want to populate the list bow in the lower left corner with those choices the user makes. He or she can only pick 5. There are 5 combo boxes for this. How do I populate this list box in a way that the information in the list box remains after the form is closed. I want the user to be able to constantly review it, delete entries as requirements change, and add one in its place. I have searched the forum for something similar but can't find anything. Is ther an easy way to do this?

mikerickson
03-05-2008, 12:00 AM
If the userform is unloaded, the data in its controls is lost.
One can either write the contents of the Listbox to a range and read that range the next time the UF is loaded.

Or one can hide the userform, rather than unloading it, preserving the data in the list box.

ameritecc
03-05-2008, 06:50 AM
I guess I may have to re-think my whole approach about showing what equipment has been selected. Possibly a seperate userform that shows nothing but current selections in some way. I will work on it.
Thanks for your help

Tommy
03-05-2008, 07:49 AM
You could also place a .txt file on the users machine and load it each time the user uses the userform. The only problem would be how do you clear the information.

ameritecc
03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking of possibly identifying on the worksheet area which is hidden each item that is picked, then using another userform that is muti paged and using a list box that searches out those identified items and list them for the users review. This way when he changes his picks from the selection Form he can still stay updated throughout his takeoff of what to date has been selected. Now just to figure out how to do it.
Thanks for your help.