PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Default workbook view

U_Shrestha
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
I am not sure if I can explain this but I will do my best. When I created a new Excel Database, my screen encompasses the entire tables, command button etc., but when I open the same workbook from different computer, I cannot see the whole screen that I would see in my computer. My main objective is that the users may be able to view the entire table/Excel screen that I would but I don't know how to do it.

I have tried changing the zoom to 75% but it looks weird, the letters look smaller and blurry and hard to read. I also tried protecting the windows from tools but didn't work.

Can someone please advice? Thanks.

Bob Phillips
03-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Develop it on the machine with the lowest spec, it will be fine on better specs then.

U_Shrestha
03-05-2008, 02:46 PM
xld: Do you mean that I should use older version of operating systems? I have XP SP-2 and Office 2003, and my PC screen seems larger than my clients. Can you do change something from my existing computer to achieve this? Can you please elaborate or direct me to some links/place that I can get more information and this one? I was looking at one my the user of my clients today and got a compile error as soon as I opened the workbook. The workbook is protected using userinterface = true but this didn't work in one of the computer. Thanks.

Bob Phillips
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
No, I mean physically take it to the lower spec machine, paly with it there to get it as good as you can, save it, then work on that on your machine from there on. You will experience the problems such as resolution, such as functionality that doesn't exist in earlier versions, and by correcting thme on the lower spec/earlier machine, you can rest assured they will wok as well on the higher spec machine.

U_Shrestha
03-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Your advice seems to be the way to go. Thanks xld :)