PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Option Buttons

allison
03-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm trying to redesign a spreadsheet that someone else created and have a few questions.

It was designed with a row of checkboxes (using the forms toolbar). The checkboxes are associated with a cell that contains a value. More than one checkbox can be marked, which is what I'm trying to eliminate.

I've been reading about option buttons from the control toolbar. Using those should get the desired result.

Before I go much further into redesigning, I want to make sure that I understand what is needed. There are 10 rows of the checkboxes, with each checkbox being associated with a different value cell.

So, I think that I need to replace each row of checkboxes with a row of option buttons. I need to group the appropriate option buttons together so that only one per group can be selected.

To get a value associated with the row, I need to write some VBA with the click event that says if the value is true, it equals XXXX.

Does that sound correct? Am I missing something?

Bob Phillips
03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Sounds about right, but you can link the buttons to a cell and use formulae.

You could also just have one row of buttons at the top, and work upon the activecell row and button number to make the decision.

allison
03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I was hoping that I might be able to link the buttons to cells because that is how the checkboxs are done right now (which are used in the existing formulae) - but didn't (until I read your message) see the linked cell field in the properties - I was looking for the linked cell field in the boxes like I found them in the checkboxes.

Thanks much! You have saved me much time!!