PDA

View Full Version : Creating Microsoft Project in Excel

rrenis
03-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone - does any one know how to go about implementing the following? Really not sure how to acheive this... :banghead:

I want to have a spreadsheet similar in set up to Microsoft Project. For example the O's below represent the dates. I'd like to automatically shade a cell a certain colour (to create a milestone) if a date entered in Columns A to E correspond to a week in the date header in row 1. Conditional formatting would have been perfect but unfortunately it's limited to 3 and I'd need 5, and possibly more in the future. :(

ROW 1 |..|..|..|..|..|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|O| and so on...
ROW 2 |O|O|O|O|O|..|..|O|..|..|..|O|..|..|..|..|O|..|O|..|..|..|..| and so on...
ROW 3 |O|O|O|O|O|..|..|..|O|..|O|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..|..| and so on...
ROW 4 |O|O|O|O|O|..|..|..|..|..|..|O|..|..|..|O|..|..|..|..|..|O|..| and so on...

I'm more interested in milestones as shown above rather than creating a fully functional gannt chart similar to that generated by MS Project -so I'm hoping it's possible.

Has anyone done anything similar or am I wasting my time trying to use excel? :dunno

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
rrenis

Bob Phillips
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
See http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343

rrenis
03-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks XLD - that looks like a useful site :bow:

Cheers,
rrenis.