PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Single cells updating and slowing calculation

thomaspatton
03-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Almost done with my new workbook and I ran into a problem out of nowhere yesterday. The issue I'm having is with Worksheets("Class Information").

Yesterday, after doing alot of the writing on other pages, I came back to test some things out and none of the custom format settings were working. In fact, in column B, the first time I would try typing something, it would replace it with "Target" and afterwards would do nothing to the text. Was going to post here about that, but it miraculously fixed itself(?) overnight and now works as intended.

Now, still with Class Information, it's becomes horribly laggy on Change to any cell that reformats the input. When I first wrote this page, it worked beautifully. It seems the more I add to the workbook VBA, though, the more buggy it gets. So, any cell that is autofromatted takes about 2-3 to update, meaning I can't type in another cell until it's done. Normal cells work fine.

Also, a newer issue but probably related to the same area because the runtime hilights the App.WkSht.Proper(Target) line on Class Info. When I run 'Sort Index' to bring up 'ufClassInformationSort' that works fine. I _Click() any of the 'cmdAPCSeatSort', 'cmdEPCSeatSort', or 'cmdHazSeatSort' and I get 'Runtime 13 : Type Mismatch' and the hilighted portion from above.(The one that XLD helped me with here (http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18084))

Neither of these problem happened when I first made the book. I made only one change to 'Class Information' since writing the code portion and all it was was adding a column between q:r. And yar, I updated my column references afterwards. Anyone mind checking it out and letting me know what I'm doing wrong here?

thomaspatton
03-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Sorry to say XLD, but the issue in thread was caused by the code from the code you gave me to sort rows. Somehow adding and deleting those 2 columns was mussin stuff up. I replaced the code and am good to go now. In case anyone in the future is interested in the fix, check the new upload.

Bob Phillips
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I think it is extraordinarily disingenuous for you to blame me for your problems. You posted a problem, I tried to give you some assistance based upon what you posted I do not test it all out thoroughly, just within the confines of the problem that you post. Even if I wanted to test it all, I have neither the time nor the inclination for that, I couldn't as to understand the full app is well outside the scope of my free commitment to Excel forums.

The fact that you said that something worked one day, not the next, then fixed itself a day later suggests that something else is going on. Code doesn't just break then miraculously fix itself again, it is probable that you have made changes without realising/testing the repurcussions.

thomaspatton
03-07-2008, 02:06 PM
ARGH! Not my intent at all! Of course it worked and of course I made changes... I said that. but after I made changes, it was the code you helped me with causing issues.

I didn't respond this way to slam you or criticize your help at all. I love the help you give and will most likely need it in the future. I just wanted anyone having the same issue to know what caused the problem.

I sincerely apologize if you took it as slander.