PDA

View Full Version : MS ACCESS HELP

minz130
03-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi, i am currently having trouble building a database, which is a customer order system. I have 4 forms, which includes, employees, customer, product, and order. I have successfully created all forms apart from the order form. What i want to do is, have an Order number which is unique for each customer and have a subform inside the order form which i can choose from many products from the products table. This data should then be stored in my order Table. Can anyone please help me, Many thanks.Minesh

orange
03-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi, i am currently having trouble building a database, which is a customer order system. I have 4 forms, which includes, employees, customer, product, and order. I have successfully created all forms apart from the order form. What i want to do is, have an Order number which is unique for each customer and have a subform inside the order form which i can choose from many products from the products table. This data should then be stored in my order Table. Can anyone please help me, Many thanks.Minesh

I strongly recommend the article in this link:
http://r937.com/relational.html

Forms are the user's interface to your system, but you should look at the underlying tabls that will hold the data also. You may also find some database templates (samples) that wll show how others have addressed a "customer order system".

Good luck.