PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlink not a hyperlink?

SBCUser666
03-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Form field (Text66) defined as Hyperlink.
Access 2003 table field defined as Hyperlink.
Using VBA I build the hyperlink and poke it into the form field. The field displays like it is a hyperlink (blue and underlined) but clicking on it does nothing. If I open the table and click on the field nothing happens. On the form, if I delete and retype just 1 character the hyperlink functions correctly (on the form and from the table). Thinking that setting the form field = to a text string somehow removed the hyperlink attribute I then did a Me.Text66.IsHyperlink = True to hopefully force the hyperlink function. No joy.

Ideas?

Trevor
03-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Open a form, a report, or a data access page in Design view.
On the Insert menu, click Hyperlink.
In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click E-mail address under Link to.
In the Text to display box, type the text that you want displayed in the field or text box. If you leave the box blank, Access will use the e-mail address as the display text.
Click ScreenTip, and type the text that you want to appear when the user rests the pointer on the hyperlink. If you leave the ScreenTip text box blank, Access will display the e-mail address as the ScreenTip.
In the E-mail address box, type an e-mail address. You can also select an address from the Recently used e-mail addresses list. the same should apply for websites in acass just make the aprpriat adjustments