PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How to Disable ComboArrow while maintaining readability?

Mahahaava
03-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to make this happen:

On a UserForm I have ComboBoxes that are populated with values on loading the form. ?The ComboArrows are set to be hidden untill Focus is on the Combo. I would like the Combos to be totally ignorant of mouse-actions untill the Edit Commandbutton is activated.

The problem is that if I lock the Combo's, The "Arrow" will still appear when the combo is selected. If I use Enabled = Flase the values in the boxes are very hard to read.

So the question is twofold:

- is it possible to disable the Arrow with out "graying" out the texts
- is it possible to change the Gray foreground to something more legible?

Thanks in advance,

Petri

Andy Pope
03-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Maybe the Locked property would work for you.

Mahahaava
03-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi,

thanks for answering but no, when a Combo is locked and the Arrow set to "Show DropButton" when Focus, it will still show if the Combo is selected... If I set Enabled to false, it will remain passive but as I said unreadable...

/Petri

Andy Pope
03-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Sorry I missed the 'lock' in your question to mean Locked property.

Try placing the control in a frame. Format the frame to have no caption or border. Then you can use the Enabled property of the frame.

The combobox will appear without dropdown, text colour normal and the control unselectable.

Mahahaava
03-11-2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks! Awesome! This helped me a lot -- and I already had the frames in place so no bothersome tinkering with the graphics!

Thanks again!

Petri