PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent Hyperlink virus warning dialog

Mark$1
03-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Is is possible to stop or prevent a hyperlinked ascii file from the virus warning dialog box from popping up? What is wierd is in the Excel VBA file I have created, on my own computer, I can click on the hyperlink and it fuctions with out the warning, but if I go to a different computer and run the same Excel VBA file I get that stupid warning. If I click "ok" the file will then appear in "Word", but if I click "cancel" then I get debug error in my VBA code.

Mark

BreakfastGuy
03-12-2008, 07:54 AM
You could try putting your code between the display alerts!

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'YOUR CODE HERE
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Mark$1
03-12-2008, 08:48 AM
No, that did not work. Still have the same results.

Mark$1
03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
There has been a weird change. I can now click on the hyperlink in the Excel range and it will bust off Word and show the ascii document, but when it runs through the VBA, I get prompted with dialog box " some files contain viruses, bla,bla, would you like to open this file". Any other clues would help.

BreakfastGuy
03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Well to disable those messages you need to hack around in your registry but i wouldnt recommend it, that said here is MS supports view on how to do it Disable Hyperlink Warning (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829072)

Mark$1
03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
That makes sense. I guess I will have to write a VB stand alone and use the Excel SS as a reference. Thanks for finding that info.