PDA

View Full Version : Drop Downs & Free Format areas

Summer5184
03-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Hi

I am trying to create a document that has a mix of free format areas and drop down boxes. I would like the users of this document to be able to move easily to the areas of the document that require their completion. I have sectioned the document off and know that in order for the drop down areas to function it needs to be protected. What I can seem to do when I protect the document is move the cursor between the freeformat areas.

I hope that makes sense!

:help

fumei
03-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Nope, it does not.

What do you mean by "freeformat areas"?

OTWarrior
03-17-2008, 07:30 AM
if you are using form field down down boxes, the whole document must be protected in order for them to work.

If you are using activeX dropdown boxes, then the document can be editable in the normal way (note, if you use ActiveX controls, then the rest of the document can be either protected or unprotected) but design mode must be off for them to work.

If I understand correctly what you mean by "freeformat Areas", then the easiest way is activeX controls. If you really must use formfields, then you would have to unprotect the document and protect it constantly, and this would be very difficult to do IMO.

Or by "freeformat areas" you mean normal text boxes?

Hope that helps.