PDA

View Full Version : Solved: In over my head...again

jamward
03-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Hello all,
As a favor to a friend, I am trying to create this spreadsheet that will calculate coat and pants size based on user input for hips, waist and chest measurements. I have unhidden columns A thru J where size tables are located.
The premise is this: user will input name, measurements, etc. in columns L thru R. Results will be in columns S, T and U. Column T is based strictly on height measurement and is ok. Coat size is based on chest and weight measurements. If the "waist" is more that 3" higher than the "chest" measurement then the coat size will be increased to the next largest size. If the "HIP" measurement is more than 10" greater than the "waist" measurment then the pant size will be increased upwardly one size. I have attached entire spreadsheet with some embarrassingly pathetic code.

Thanks for concidering lending me a hand on this one.

Bob Phillips
03-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Does this do what you want for the coat size

=IF(R4>INDEX(D:D,MATCH(Q4,A:A,0)),INDEX(E:E,MATCH(Q4,A:A,0)),INDEX(B:B,MATCH(Q4,A: A,0)))

jamward
03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
it's perfect! Exactly what i was looking for.
Thank you very much.

lucas
03-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Jim, If you got your answer could you please mark your thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page?

jamward
03-13-2008, 01:13 PM
So sorry lucas, kind of new to this and didn't know that I was responsible for marking this. It won't happen again. Excellent forum!
Thanks,

lucas
03-13-2008, 02:53 PM
No problem Jim.........we just try to remind folks the first time......better this way because only you know when it's been resolved.

jamward
03-14-2008, 04:05 AM
logic is logic in any language.
thanks