PDA

View Full Version : VBA Thread.. HELP!!!

Ronald_yoh
03-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to create thread in VBA (not VB 6)? I heard from another from that VBA does not support complex application such as multi-thread!

Please Help!!!!

Thanks
R

Bob Phillips
03-16-2008, 09:13 AM
It doesn't.

Ronald_yoh
03-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Did you say VBA doesn't support multi-thread?

Thanks

Ronald_yoh
03-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I was going to implement multi-thread because Access form will freeze when execute (or click) the command button. I want the user will still be able to feel the form while it's running the command!

Any ideas?

Thanks

OTWarrior
03-17-2008, 06:16 AM
dude, wait...what???

Do you mean Access freezes when you execute the command button whilst you run the code? Or do you WANT the form to freeze whilst the code runs?

What do you mean "feel the form"? I am getting scary images of some weird fetish website here! ;)

As far as I know, Access can only do one thing at a time. I know that C# can do multi-threading, but that is a more complicated language (worth learning though).

Ronald_yoh
03-17-2008, 03:33 PM
are we starting to use filthy language here? :rotlaugh: ..

Anyway... what i'm trying to get here is how to make MS access form stays on focus (with the flexibility to minimize and maximize the form) while it's processing the command button!

Did you get a better picture here mate?

Thanks mate!

OTWarrior
03-18-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't know how well it would work, but could you have a form hidden in the background that executes your code? that way the form at the frotn would have focus?

I am unsure if it would work, but could be worth a try

Ronald_yoh
03-18-2008, 12:44 PM
I would've thought so.. but the thing is when you execute a command (by clicking the command button on the form) it is not just the form freeze but the entire access application freeze (you can't even open table).

It's been such a pain to get around the issue.

well, thanks for your help anyway mate!