PDA

View Full Version : Multipage PDF

bucky7199
03-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Can someone tell me if it is even possible to import a multipage pdf into a word 2003 vba app? I am having trouble finding info on this topic. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

:bug:

fumei
03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I, for one, do not know how to do this. PDF files are designed to specifically prevent it. Using the clipboard will get you - as you know - one page only. Even in the PDF itself, Edit > Select All still only selects "all" on THAT page [/b]only[/b].

I do not know if 2007 is different, but you can not import a PDF directly in 2002.

From one perspective, PDF files are supposed to stop anyone from doing this. In one way, that is the point to a PDF.

bucky7199
03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks fumei. I really appreciate it. I am a newbie here in the programming world. I have had a few C++ classes and a VB class studying for my Computer Science degree here in Columbia, but other than that, I really don't have any programming experience. How do I become a good programmer? Seems like in school they just teach you the syntax of the languages but not really how to build applications. Got any books or websites you would recommend?

fumei
03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
"How do I become a good programmer? "

Ummmm...yikes.

Too general, in a way. But generally, a good programmer has a grasp of the Object Model, and perhaps more importantly, the concept of objects themselves.

I see quite of bit of code (in a number of places) in which the programmer appears to be in love with code.

Code itself does not a good application make. Even fabulously fancy code.

Design makes a good application. Far too few programmers bother to do the hard work up front, with good design. To repeat a story I have mentioned a number of times....

I was in a course - Object-Oriented Design - with 10 senior programmers from my organization. (Aside: we have...wait for it...900 programmers)

They told the instructor, and I quote: "We do not have time to design. We are paid to code."

The instructor was taken aback. A few seconds later he slowly said: "Then you will code bad applications."

My programmer colleagues were displeased when I stood up and applauded.

"any" books is too general. As for websites, if it is Office apps, then the MVP site is excellent for all sorts of things.