PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Finding ID Number & Using That Row

sooty8
03-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Hi All
A shade longwinded my problem - my brother is Secretary of a Racing Pigeon Club and asked me to help him work out a velocity in Yards Per Minute -- basically it is the Distance Flown divide by the Time taken.
e.g 107Miles 1070Yards / 2Hours - 13Minutes - 23Seconds and by trial & error I have managed to get there the Velocity for the above would be
1419.893ypm.
However everything on the attached enters on Row 5 is it possible by entering an ID Number which is in Column "A" it would put the info in the TextBoxes in that Row. The reason that when another result is entered against J. Bloggs it adds to the previous entry is because this works out the Average Velocity over a series of 11 Races - 1 race per week and you have to enter every race if a competitor misses a race he would have to be deleted.

Many Thanks any help appreciated

Regards

Sooty8.

mdmackillop
03-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi Sooty,
I've simplified your procedures with regard to form controls. The small boxes are not required. Also, I've used a combo for Numbers to avoid data entry errors. For good measure, double clicking a row will initialise to that competitor.
Any questions, let me know.
Regards
MD

sooty8
03-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi MD

Isn't everything so simple when you know what you are doing -- most of the stuff I try and do appears so complicated when I view the experts solutions on Vbax -- brilliant and thank you.
When I have a try over the weekend to work it in with his race program if I hit any snags I will ask for further help.

Many Thanks

Regards

Sooty8.

mdmackillop
03-22-2008, 08:28 AM
With time you'll see how to condense your code to the essentials. It's rare to get everything on the first attempt. The most important is to get it working; refinements come later.