PDA

View Full Version : inserting image into userform

gwh
03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to insert a picture into my userform, but when I use the properties pane to navigate to the file in order to insert it, all files in the folder are greyed out so I'm not able to select any of them. There are .jpg, .gif and .png files in the folder so I assumed that one of those formats would be compatible to insert but it's not letting me.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

gwh
03-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Just an update to this question: I just realised that if I have a .wmf file in the folder I'm trying to access, it will let me insert that particular file but not any other, eg. jpg, .gif etc. I'm on Word 2004 for the Mac - is this a known issue on the mac platform?

lucas
03-26-2008, 07:58 AM
is this a known issue on the mac platform?

I'm guessing that that is correct since none of those are mac formats. You could post your question in our mac users forum for a more definitive answer.

gwh
03-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Will head on over to the mac forum now - thanks.

Just before I go though, I have another issue with my userform and wondered if I could ask another quick question? I noticed that when I test the form and I type something into the textboxes, I can't copy or cut the text, nor can I copy and paste text into the textbox. Is is possible to do this?

lucas
03-26-2008, 11:37 AM
if it is an actual textbox you should be able to use control+V and control+C, etc. but I think the right click menu is disabled if that is what you mean.

fumei
03-27-2008, 09:10 AM
jpg is not recognized by a Mac? Really?????