PDA

View Full Version : Enforce Macros to be Enabled

tonysmith
03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to force macros to be enabled in a Word doc (2003)?

Also is it possible to prevent the user from removing/deleting an image or form image from a header?

Tony

lucas
03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
1. The ability to enable macro's on someone elses machine using code would be considered to be hacking......you will get no help with that here.

2. Tools-protect document. Read the help file so you can see how to make parts of the document editable.

tonysmith
03-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks lucas, I thought I might be able to emulate what can be done in Excel, (not full proof but liveable) if macros are not enabled you can hide all except one sheet - requesting them to enable macros.

Is it possible to disable the editing the document if macros are disabled?

Thanks!

lucas
03-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Is it possible to disable the editing the document if macros are disabled?

If for example you use a userform with bookmarks for data entry......have the document protected except when the userform is open. I think the document would be protected and you couldn't edit it.

fumei
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
"Is it possible to disable the editing the document if macros are disabled?"

Yes, just as Steve mentions. Protect the document for forms. Tools > Protect document, and then select Forms.

No editing is permitted in the protected sections.

It has no relationship to whether macros are disabled, or not.

"Is it possible to force macros to be enabled in a Word doc (2003)?"

No.

"is it possible to prevent the user from removing/deleting an image or form image from a header?"

Maybe. It depends. A very knowledgeable person? No.

Is the fact you specifically mention header significant? Protecting for forms locks the entire document (at least those contents in protected Sections). It is not designed specifically for headers, although headers are not accessible either.

It may help if you clearly stated what are your objectives.