PDA

View Full Version : Need Syntax for importing Variable File Names

susiebrown
04-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi,

I need some help with automating a repetitive task. I need to import daily, files that have names that look like this:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\teledraft\28345_243_20080402.csv"

The path is always consistent and the "_243_" is consistent and the date is always yesterdays date. The 28345 is a number that changes daily. I have managed to get everything including the date correct, but I can't seem to find a way to wild card the five digit number. I've tried * ? # and every combination of bracketing and quote marks imaginable, all to no avail. I'm sure there is a simple way to do this, I just can't seem to figure it out. Any assistance would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you in Advance!

Warmest regards,

Susie

CreganTur
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Susie,

I don't know about setting any special wildcards to import your data, but I did setup a way to load data from an Excel file into your Db with a button click (button on a form- opens a file dialog box, then loads data from chosen file into Db). See this thread:http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138513#post138513

susiebrown
04-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Thank you! That really does speed things up. I am very grateful. Have a spectacular day!

Warmest regards,
Susie