PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Newbie once again, importing a module

slang
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I know I am referencing this the wrong way or something, it couldn't be as simple as the statement below. What am I missing?
Thanks again Excel gods :bow:

ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Import ("c:\bdr\GOOJFC.bas")

rory
04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
It is that simple but you have to have Programmatic access to the VBProject trusted under Tools-Macro-Security, on the Trusted Sources tab.

slang
04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
How would I get the code to work on my field reps laptops? Would I have to add it to each users trusted sources? Is there a way around it?

Oops, never mind, I can't even add myself because of our desktop standardization. AARG.

rory
04-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Depends on how tight the security is. You can override it through code:
'Code removed by administrator.

if they have access to the registry.

Aussiebear
04-04-2008, 04:02 PM
The thread was considered to be moving in a direction which is contravening a major policy of this forum. By utilizing code which enables a person to adjust the settings within the Trusted Sources component of a system, simply breaks down the security of a system.

Please be advised that this will not be condoned by the Administrators of this forum. Unless this thread moves in another direction, it will be closed.

rory
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Apologies (again) - I wasn't really thinking when I posted that!

Aussiebear
04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
That's okay Rory. :friends:

slang
04-07-2008, 03:35 AM
Also sorry, wasn't my intention. With my limited knowledge of VBA I would be venturing into some very questionable ground anyway. Could have been a classic "CLM"
career limiting move. ;)
Thanks......