PDA

View Full Version : Append to master list?

jspeer
04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi all,at work we currently have a purchase order system where we write everything out on paper. Whenever someone asks we will type one out on a customized excel 2003 file, print it out and fax it to them or e-mail it to them.

Recently I have been asked to see if we can computerize this data so that we will be able to more easily figure out information from the purchase order such as how many items were ordered, etc.

What I have so far is our excel Purchase order file. Inside this file I have a second worksheet that pulls the information from the first page and puts it in the right format. Each line item from a purchase order is contained in a row. Every purchase order can contain between 1 and 20 items.

What I would like to do is have a button on the purchase order called update master list that they can click when the purchase order is complete. When the user clicks this button I want excel to open a "master list" and append each item from the purchase order and then save itself and close.

From there whenever we want to look up a purchase order we can open that master list and filter by item, PO#, date, etc.

I know we can do this easier within an Access database however I know we can also do this within Excel with code or a macro and I'm at the point where it's bugging me that I can't find information on how to do this easily.

Anyone have any ideas on how to start with this proejct?

mdmackillop
04-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi jspeer
Welcome to VBAX
Can you post a sample workbook? Use Manage Attachments in the Go Advanced section.

jspeer
04-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Please see the attached zip folder for the sample spreadsheet and a better explanation of what I am looking for with this project.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide me with :)