PDA

View Full Version : how to force the vertical scrollbar to be always visible

gdmvet
04-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Out of layout concerns I would like to have the vertical scrollbar allways visible in a continuous form, even when it is not really necessary.

You can choose : none, both, only horizontal or only vertical scrollbar.
But when there are not enough records, access hides the vertical scrollbar. I'm not sure, but I think this was different in earlier versions
of Access.

I'm using Access 2007 SP1.

What is the code to accomplish this ?

Trevor
04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
it sounds like your using a datasheet and trying to keep a vertical scroll bar visible all the time, I don't think thats posible( I have tried) before and if you must just adjust your form that vertical scroll bar is visible and lower your visible record count by "shinking your form " so that only 1 or 2 records is visible, then your verticai scroll bar will be visible all the time, other then doing what i descibed I don't think it is posible.
if it is a contioious form (not datasheet view) then just pull your form down unill your happy with the length of it.

gdmvet
04-06-2008, 06:04 AM
I'm using a continuous subform, which has also a horizontal scrollbar.
When there are only about 20 records, the vertical scrollbar disappears and the form becomes 0.5 cm smaller. It's pretty annoying when you want to create very cute forms.

Trevor
04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
can you attach the form your trying to do this to, I think it might be easyer to show you that way

gdmvet
04-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Hi Trevor, please find the attachment with the testform.

Run the testform, change the code of the products and see what
happens with the layout.

I want to have the buttons always at the edge of the window.