PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Compile error in hidden module

U_Shrestha
04-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Hello,

One of the user of my workbook says he gets following error. What causes this? the user who has this problem is located in another office so I cannot directly look at the error and non of the user in our office building is getting this error. What do I need to ask and what would be the fix for this? The workbook was built in Excel 2003. Thanks.

"Compile error in hidden module: <module name>

A protected module can't be displayed. This error has the following cause and solution:

? There is a compilation error in the code of the specified module, but it can't be displayed because the project is protected.

Unprotect the project, and then run the code again to view the error.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1. "

tstav
04-11-2008, 02:15 PM
The message says that there is a compile error, but the code is password protected, so it cannot show the error message and the line it is occuring at.

To do: Open the workbook without activating macros, press Alt-F11, double-click on the workbook project and enter password.
When the VBE opens, remove the password, save and close.
Re-open the workbook and wait for the error message, or ask the user what they were doing when the error occured. Try to replicate the error. When it occurs, press debug.

U_Shrestha
04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
hello tstav,

thanks for the response, the user said that he'd instal a excel 2003 and then see if he gets the same error. I will wail couple of days from him to try your clues. thanks.

tstav
04-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Ok, keep in touch.
Regards