PDA

View Full Version : Relationships

Jess Rulz
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I have created a database. At the moment am creating the relationships in the relationship window although Access will not allow me to do so.

Each time i try it states

"No unique index found for the referenced field of the primary table"

i was wondering if you can help me to findout what the problem is?

Many Thanks

Rebecca

***None of the data in this database is real it is all fictional fora project i am doing for uni***

CreganTur
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM
I got the exact same error when I tried to set relationships in the relationship window.

What I did (on suggestion from a senior Access programmer where I work) is I didn't set any relationships. I know, sounds wierd, right?

They told me that as long as you define the relationships for all of your individual querries (in the query wdesign view, or if you're designing queries in SQL view, just be sure you have everything established correctly), then it has the same effect.

Now, I may got shot down for this, but it's been working for the Db I just completed- data's being handled correctly and I haven't run into it causing any errors.

asingh
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM
On tables..where you are trying to set a relationship..they have to have a primary key..tables without a primary key...relationships cannot be set.

asingh