PDA

View Full Version : Extract various data from Worksheet into one column using certain criteria

satyen
04-19-2008, 05:39 AM
Thanks

satyen
04-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Can anyone help with this please?

tstav
04-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi satyen,

I hate to keep people waiting, so I will answer your question.

I will express some views that others may not share, but that's entirely OK.
I don't expect everybody to already know how to write VBA (why should they, anyway?) but the least I expect from people submitting a question here, is to see them try to understand what's happening (I mean codewise), so that they help themselves and
1. get better everyday, and
2. get less dependent on others, day after day.

When I start to realize (or suspect) that someone systematically keeps handing out projects and expects others to provide ready made solutions, without contributing to the whole effort whatsoever (apart from stating more and more questions in order to get the job done to the last bit), then I pass.

When 6 threads have been opened so far and
1. I haven't seen a single line of code from the sender, and
2. I haven't seen any questions on code (i.e. on VBA ways of handling something)
then I pass.

You've been very polite, no doubt about it. But I need to rebuild trust here, trust, that you (along with us) are doing your share.

mdmackillop
04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Agreed. And also when you start to learn, you'll see that the sample you posted tells us nothing.
In effect, what you are saying is "I want to extract a string of unknown length with no identified delimiters from a longer string that starts with a number, and I'm only giving you one piece of sample data to work it out for me."
No thanks.