PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Inserting flash animation

U_Shrestha
04-19-2008, 06:31 PM
I have no experiance with inserting flash in Excel but i was wondering if it is possible to show an animation like the link below if A1=B1. I am creating a interactive math lesson for grade 2-5, where students would need to enter answers in designated cells; I want to give interactive feedback upon correct or false answer. Can someone help? Thanks.

http://www.scienceacademy.com/BI/index.html

Simon Lloyd
04-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Try: View, Toolbars, Control Toolbox, More Tools, Shockwave Flash Object

lucas
04-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Hey U,
See if this might work for your project. Keep the excel file and the flash (.swf) file in the same directory.

U_Shrestha
04-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Hello Lucas,

That was a very wonderful animation, I liked it very much. I inserted a flash object in the worksheet but couldn't figure out how I can take it from there. If I can put such animation displaying the word "Correct", when the answer is correct (e.g. in the attachment) then it would really be eye-catching for the kids. Can you please teach me how to do it in the attachment? Your help would be appreaciated.

lucas
04-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Hey U,
This seems to work pretty well. Might meet your needs. I don't have flash installed on the computer I am working on right now so I couldn't create a flash that says "Correct" but this demonstrates that it can be done I think. Let me know what you think.

lucas
04-20-2008, 08:40 AM
U, If you are having trouble figuring out the target....click on one of the cells that have answers and you will see it's name reflected in the name box in the left end of the formula bar......that is the name used in the code........

U_Shrestha
04-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi Lucas,

This would be perfect for my project. :)

U_Shrestha
04-20-2008, 10:20 AM
This project would be perfect for my project with the flash embedded in the userform.

U_Shrestha
04-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Can I ask for embedding the flash in that userform again? Thanks.

IrishCharm
04-24-2008, 07:23 AM
i just took a look at that and it is class, great for putting into spreadsheets to make them more "happy" to use rather than mundane and boring!!!!

lucas
04-24-2008, 07:41 AM
U & kinkyKuddles, I'm sorry I missed your followup questions. I got caught in a deadline and have been going like crazy. I will take a look at this with you soon if someone else doesn't step in.

What exactly are you trying to do? You want to load a userform and then click a button to run the flash within the userform? not sure but you may have to run another userform from the first.....would that help?

lucas
04-24-2008, 07:48 AM
All I did was to move the code to run the flash from activate to button click. I made the userform a little bigger to accomodate the button. You can change the background colors some......to make it prettier.

U_Shrestha
04-24-2008, 07:49 AM
hi lucas,

thanks for getting back. i want to make an educational game for the kid, so my worksheet will have sums like 2 + 2 = "", if a kid enter correct answer then I want to show a flash saying "Correct answer" or "well done", something that will make mathematics more interactive and exciting for kid. I liked your last attachment with the userform, I only need a flash in that userform now. i would appreciate if you can have a look at it after you have entirely done with your deadline :)

lucas
04-24-2008, 07:50 AM
You will probably want to delete or comment out the ontime code in the button code

Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:8"), "KillTheForm"

And you probably won't want it to load on workbook open so you can delete or comment out the code in the thisworkbook module....

lucas
04-24-2008, 07:53 AM
i would appreciate if you can have a look at it after you have entirely done with your deadline :)

No problem U, I'm not sure when but I will come back and see if we can polish this a little with you.

U_Shrestha
04-24-2008, 08:09 AM
i am looking for something like this attachment lucas, this is the one you sent to me last time. it will be even better if there are 2-types of animation, one for right answer and another for wrong answer. thanks.

lucas
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM
A quick setup of the basics......I don't have flash where I am so I used the same one on a different userform.......look at the case else statments in the code for the worksheet.

U_Shrestha
04-24-2008, 08:31 AM
yes, this looks good!! :)

U_Shrestha
04-29-2008, 05:59 AM
just giving final shot at the problem. would really appreciate if someone can provide help me put a flash animation in the userform. thanks.

lucas
04-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi U, Are you looking for someone to create a small flash, one for correct and one for incorrect? Or do you have your flash and need help installing it?

U_Shrestha
04-29-2008, 09:38 AM
I am looking to see if someone can create it small flash for me, one for correct and another for incorrect. I don't have any experience with flash yet. Thanks lucas.