PDA

View Full Version : How to make userform/wizard remember value even after it is closed

wmorgan85
04-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Hello all,

I am creating a wizard of sorts using custom user forms and i would like to have three/four different forms where a user can select their options and then when clicking on Finish on the final form download an output. The layout is as follows:

1. Choose region/country - press next command button, goto 2
2. Choose single/multiple day - press next command button, goto 3
3. Choose day/day range - press next command button, goto 4
4. Confirm and start download. Show progress bar then display data on sheet

I have made the first and third of these but I wanted to know whether there is a way of having the code remember the values from the first combobox of the first userform even in the last form. Is this possible? I would like to be able to store it in the memory rather than write it onto the sheet itself if possible.

Also, is this in fact an efficient way of creating a sheet? I presume that it would be most effective to not have to write to the sheet and then remove after but I may be wrong.

Any assistance will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Morgan

georgiboy
04-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Can you not just store them as variables in the code then take action with them at the end.
Do you have an example sheet to post?

wmorgan85
04-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to use multi page userforms but I wanted to have more of the wizard style when you click next and it goes on to a new userform window.

I have attached what I have done so far although have been trying a few other things on a different machine. Can you have the variables carried over if you are going from one userform to another? How would you do this?

Thanks for your help,

Morgan