PDA

View Full Version : Create automated form excel

cppak43
04-24-2008, 07:00 AM
I need to enter the rows in an easier way than typing in the spreadsheet.
The spreadsheet is split into two sections. Details about the field and
which their attributes are on different page (Visible, Mandatory,
Editable). So what I need is to understand in what ways I can enter information in a
user friendly way, not just by entering the data directly but by perhaps a form or some other method.

I would like to create a user friendly form in word or any other text editor and be able to import it to excel and still look professional.

thank you in advance

Bob Phillips
04-24-2008, 07:35 AM
IMO, spreadsheets are the easiest way of entering data. You can create data validation, add conditional formatting, custom formats etc to make it look good and validate corfrectly. With forms, you do it ll yourself.

Simon Lloyd
04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
I have had the same thought many times and advice i have had on numerous occassions is to create a worksheet that looks like a userform, its much easier to manipulate add formulae such as Vlookup, Match, Sumproduct ...etc and much easier to reference in another sheet, you can also copy and paste direct to a worksheet without third party intervention (code), as the great El Xid once (err.... more than once) said there is no substitute for expending a great deal of time in your design before manipulating, adding data or formulae to it!