PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] ShowDataForm and data validation

wolf.stalker
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
hi all and thanks for any help you can provide.

i have a spreasheet that has 18 headers (or columns) that contain data. some of these contain formula's, others are validated by a drop down list. example.....G1 limits user to color Red Blue Black only. and so on.
all works fine here.

now, as my information goes way off the monitor screen, i had thought about using the default form that xl provides. i even got it to launch on a workbook_open() event but there is one small issue. it creates all the hearders and fields but does NOT include the validation. anyone have any idea if this can be done with the defualt form?

closest thing i could find was this when digging around online. course i think he built his from scratch.
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

Bob Phillips
04-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Won't happen, it is just a simple input form. If you want that, you will have to build proper userform and add all of the validation yourself.

wolf.stalker
04-26-2008, 04:32 AM
yeah, that's kinda what i figured :-\ to bad too. the default form is pretty good...just needs a litte tweak here and there..

Aussiebear
04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Then copy the default form style and tweek it to your hearts content......

wolf.stalker
04-28-2008, 09:29 PM
well, i am not sure "how" to go about doing that except to just start from scratch....is there a way to copy the form and then just tweak it w/o having to write the entire thing?

Ken Puls
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Nope. What Ted (Aussiebear) meant was to style your own custom userform based on the way that the default form is set up. Unfortunately you'll need to create all the controls from scratch, but at least you don't have to work out the design. :)

Aussiebear
04-29-2008, 03:15 AM
KP for President....

Ken Puls
04-29-2008, 07:03 PM
President? I think I'd rather avoid that job. ;)