PDA

View Full Version : Change the amount of characters to appear on the status bar

francozola25
04-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi would anyone know how you could change the limit on the amount of characters to appear on the status bar?

I currently have an

Application.StatusBar = "....Quite a few characters will appear here..."

I can't shorten them as they are necessary here.

If it means changing something in the registry so be it!

Oorang
04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but you could truncate the text to the status bar like this:

Application.StatusBar = Left$("....Quite a few characters will appear here...",25)

francozola25
04-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks for that but it looks like it only contains 130 spaces altogether,

I have to fit in 160, i know it sounds a lot but there is still plenty of room on the status bar. If i go over 130 it will only display those 130.

There probably isn't any way around it.

fumei
04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Interesting. I rarely ever use the Statusbar, as I have found people do not look at it.

It depends on your screen resolution for one thing. If you reduce the resolution, you get less characters.

That being said, I can get up to a maximum of 140 characters regardless of resolution. I can find no information on the length of characters that will display. It does not show up on the Limitations of Word listing.

Oorang
04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
oh! I misunderstood what you wanted. I don't think you can without completly replacing it. And to do that you would have to use the API (read: pain in the neck). I'd suggest just making a form that has a Status Bar object and a textbox that will display the status while the program is running.

fumei
04-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Bingo!