PDA

View Full Version : insert images

r054
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

I have a problem which I'm not sure how to solve.

I have a document that has all sort of formatting. Say this is document A. Document A has some images in it. Then I need to select all, copy, and paste special as unformatted text to remove all the formatting to a new document, let's call it document B. When we choose to paste as unformatted text, no images wil be copied to document B.

Is there any way to paste as unformatted text but still copy the images?

Otherwise I found the logic on how to do it but not sure how to implement some stuff. The logic is as the following:

Start with original document A and document B where we paste document A as unformatted text
Find an image in document A.
Copy it.
Collapse the selection to the end and select the next 100 character after the image.
Look for that particular text in document B.
Collapse the selection in document B to the start of the selection
Paste the image there.
This step is repeated until we cannot find anymore image in document A.The problem that I have is how to switch from document A to document B, where it is possible to have other word documents open as well.

FYI: Document A and Document B has the same name only document A is a .DOC file and document B is a .RTF file

Sorry for the long question. I just want to make everything clear.

Thanks

fumei
04-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Huh?

Why not:

1. unformat the text in Doc_A (it still has the images)
2. SaveAs Doc_B.rtf

Done. Doc_A is still Doc_A.

r054
05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Thank you for the answer Fumei...
I didn't think about that possibility at all.

Your suggestion works really well....

But one thing I didn't realize when I asked the question was that the original document not only has paragraph and font formatting but it also has certain page setup. If I do your suggestion, the Page set up still have the original margins setting. Can you give me suggestion on how to change the margin to default setting (T,B: 1" and L,R: 1.25")?

I tried to use select all and change the setting to default margin setting, but it wouldn't allow me to do that.

Any suggestion??

fumei
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM
"If I do your suggestion, the Page set up still have the original margins setting."

Of course it will. The new document IS the old document with the text unformatted. You did not change any margins.

"I tried to use select all and change the setting to default margin setting, but it wouldn't allow me to do that."

There is no need to select anything. It has nothing to do with the text. Change the page margins with File > Page Setup.