PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Choosing random samples

rangudu_2008
05-10-2008, 01:20 AM
I need to choose random samples for some computation purposes as in the attachment.

A sample for a Name (indicated by Yes in the samples column) has to be chosen randomly at the click of a button using the score and codes columns.
All the codes for different types of scores have to be covered while choosing samples... The no. of samples to be chosen for a Name is computed in next sheet.
I've just included the summary sheet as it is computed but i've only included some records for choosing samples as there are lots of them which i couldn't attach.

Can this random sampling be done? Can someone help me?

Ranga

david000
05-11-2008, 06:56 AM
There a lots of ways to do that. Have you tried anything? I've posted a few ways to do it in the attachment.

rangudu_2008
05-11-2008, 07:39 AM
David,
Thanks for ur reply... :clap: :)
I want to choose the no. of samples for each person as in the summary sheet in this way as described below in the example:

For eg., i have to choose 2 samples of Score 1, 1 sample of score 2 and 3 samples of score 3 (total 6 samples) all for jackson, keeping in mind all samples should have distinct codes. I'll repeat the same process for all others.

This is the only way which i have to follow for my further processing, thus i'll make sure that i won't miss choosing samples for any of the codes.

I'll have to follow the summary sheet for choosing samples.

If a sample has been chosen, i just need to set the text in the samples column for that record as Yes. If the record is not chosen as a sample, i just won't set any value in the cell in sample column for that record.

After that i need to filter out the sample column and list only the samples which i'll import to a database. Can this filtering be done through code? I want it to be filtered that way.

I need not randomise and choose the samples as u have done.