PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet maintainance automation required?

hwfan123
05-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Hello
I have a database spreadsheet that I need to merge with another database, sorted and then have all of the duplicate rows deleted. In my database there is an area for comments (column H) where I have noted my research and this is the row that I want to make sure is left and not deleted.
Using the enclosed attachment I would like to sort using the information from Columns B, D, and E, I would also like to use the same colums as comparisions and if any rows were found to be the same I would like to have Column H be the determining factor of which row gets deleted, keeping the row that has comments and deleting the other.

Bear in mind that I am still new to macros and while I can write and/or record basic code I am still learning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I have a spreadsheet maintainance job that I know a macro can be written for but is going to be fairly complex. if anyone out there would like to discuss a paid job please IM me so that I can discuss what i need done.

Simon Lloyd
05-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Thread moved