PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Adding Second Symbol

Tenspeed39355
05-13-2008, 06:32 AM
Good morning guys. I do not know how to start this out so this is the best I can do to explain what I am trying to do.
I have a chart in Excel Sheet1. In sheet2 is a data base. I am using VLookup to bring over the Symbol and the data to put into the chart in
Sheet1. So far no problems. The symbol I am bringing over is the Mkt Symbol, Example: ACG. This is where I am at a loss. ACG has another symbol that represents the Net Asset Value of the fund. The symbol is
XACGX. When I type ACG in cell A1 the data from Sheet2 goes in the chart. How can I put the Net Asset Value SYMBOL in A2 when I type in the Mkt symbol ACG in Cell A1?? I have over 650 symbols in the data base
that have Nav Symbols. I have used Concatenate to change the Mkt symbol from ACG to XACGX I just do not know how to get the Nav symbol XACGX in Cell A2. Thanks for any help on this one
Max

Bob Phillips
05-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Wouldn't you just using another column number in the VLOOKUP?

Tenspeed39355
05-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Good morning again. That sounds good. I do not know how to put a second symbol request in VLookup. Do you have an example I could see??
The one I am using is =VLookup($A$1,Sheet2!$A$2:$D$DU2. This looks in
Sheet2 and brings over all the data in A2:DU2. When I type in ACG in Cell
A1 what would I need to add to the VLookup command to bring over the
Nav symbol XACGX to Sheet1 Cell A2? Thanks, I told you I was going to have a hard time explaining this mess.
Max

Bob Phillips
05-13-2008, 07:49 AM
What I mean is use the next column like maybe

=VLookup($A$1,Sheet2!$A$2:$D$DU2,3,FALSE)

instead of

=VLookup($A$1,Sheet2!$A$2:$D$DU2,2,FALSE)

Tenspeed39355
05-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi I will try what you suggest. Thanks for your time.
I am closing this thread.
Max