PDA

View Full Version : To show multiple contacts pick one

rajesh nag
05-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Hi

Please find the attached file, here in search sheet if i enter first name or full name, if i have two or three same first name i was able to get only one, i would like to show all the three and if i pick one the contact details of that record should be shown, can any help me on this

Regards
Rajesh

Bob Phillips
05-14-2008, 07:49 AM
More detail as to what needs to go where, where the formulae are etc. I for one cannot be bothered to reverse engineer your workbook.

rajesh nag
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi,

If i enter a value in E8 eihter first name or full name of Sheet name search, it will be stored in "F8" in report sheet here in "F9" i have spiltted into only first name which will be stored in G8 of the same sheet then in support sheet A3 i have given a vloolkup such that it will take full name from report sheet. here if i have two or three same first name in report sheet it is taking only one.

My aim is to store full name in A3 of support sheet from report sheet
If i enter a value in E8 either first name,last name or full name if their is two are three similer first name name or last name they should be able to see all the records if the pick correct one they should be able to see only the related details of that records. but here i was unable to fix serach for last name through vlookup

could you please help me

Regards
Rajesh