PDA

View Full Version : Solved: VBA help... Gaining access to training or information

Mitchelson
05-17-2008, 07:05 AM
I've posted a few times on VBAX with some VBA question but finding it difficult to understand the VBA language as I don't have any programming background.

So I'm just looking for some advice or links of websites or recommended books where I could make a start to learn the basics of the VBA language.

I work with excel everyday and believe that VBA is the next step.

Thank you very much.

Simon Lloyd
05-17-2008, 07:11 AM
This book is a great start, well explained and worked examples.
Microsoft? Excel 2002 Visual Basic? for Applications Step by Step

Aussiebear
05-17-2008, 03:10 PM
or you could undertake some training as provided by this forum. Go back to the vba.express.com page and look for the training section.

georgiboy
05-18-2008, 12:15 AM
I found Excel VBA for dummies a good read.

Mitchelson
05-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Thank you all :bow:

I'll be writing descent VBA code in no time :)

Simon Lloyd
05-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Thank you all :bow:

I'll be writing descent VBA code in no time :)Mitchelson, enthusiasm and determination are everything! once bitten by the VBA bug you will forever be learning.

A word of advice (given to me by an "old sage" in this forum), plan everything first dont start to code until your sheets are designed as needed and until you have worked out/written down what you expect to achieve and what functionality you need from the workbook and code, firstly think can i do it with excels' own built in functions (faster and more efficient), can i do it with formula? (the "old sage" will definately advocate that one and help you too!) once these have been exhausted then code to your hearts content.

Mitchelson
05-18-2008, 02:52 AM
A word of advice (given to me by an "old sage" in this forum), plan everything first dont start to code until your sheets are designed as needed and until you have worked out/written down what you expect to achieve and what functionality you need from the workbook and code, firstly think can i do it with excels' own built in functions (faster and more efficient), can i do it with formula? (the "old sage" will definately advocate that one and help you too!) once these have been exhausted then code to your hearts content.
I really know what you mean about the planning, I've already had to re-work some VBA code because I had added rows and removed column in a workbook that I had spend days working on.

Very wise words