PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Process checklist

blackie42
05-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi,

Am designing a process checklist that will use inputboxes or userforms to 'answer' particular questions and populate cells in a sheet (things like has the payment file reconciled? Has the updated file been e-mailed?)

The user will be prompted to answer yes or no. If answer is Yes then sheet updates with date and username.

Plan to create buttons on sheet so user logs in with password (seen some code I can use on forum) What I wanted to know was by using the login details and perhaps referring to a hidden 'userlist' sheet could I also mark each 'answer' with the user who has completed the task.

If so how?

Would also like to know if its possible to 'lock' the answers so they can't be changed by any user. So say first task is already completed then the code ignores the first inputbox/userform and skips to the next task

Any help appreciated or if anyone has any good ideas. This will be a long list of tasks within the process and is a kind of audit check

thanks

Simon Lloyd
05-22-2008, 01:24 PM
To record a username Range("A1").Value=Environ("username")

blackie42
05-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes seen Environ("username") in a few posts.

Can you explain a little more how I could use in this situation.

There'll be a number of users who will need to log in to the task list and as the tasks are completed - can I change the value of 'username' by referring to the log in action?

thanks

Simon Lloyd
05-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Yes seen Environ("username") in a few posts.

Can you explain a little more how I could use in this situation.

There'll be a number of users who will need to log in to the task list and as the tasks are completed - can I change the value of 'username' by referring to the log in action?

thanksEnviron("username")is used exactly like that!, in my previous post running just that line in a sub would put the current users name in A1 of the activesheet. For restrictions to apply to your workbook you will have to hard code all the usernames and/or passwords. Why not supply the code you are currently using or a sample workbook as to what you have so far?

blackie42
05-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Thanks Simon - I would put it up but I haven't started with it yet.

Just gathering some ideas together first - if I come across any problems at a later point I'll come back for more help if thats OK.

regards

Jon

Simon Lloyd
05-23-2008, 03:55 AM
Yeah, post back no problem but when asking for code ideas or help you at least need a framework that you can test the code on to comment back or get further help!