PDA

View Full Version : detele unnecessary rows

NijelJ
05-24-2008, 04:03 AM
I need help again for creating a macro. I have a notepad file that contains data. We need to convert the notepad file into excel and then segregate the data after conversion. Segregation point would be the point where in we can find keyword ?Summary?. We need to create a macro that finds the occurrence of summary keyword. Then from the beginning till that summary point cut the entire data and paste in other worksheet. Name the worksheet as ?Receivables? or ?Payables? or ?Fee Payable? depending what type of data that summary contains.

After creating different worksheets we need to format the worksheet in specific format.
For example: I have attached the ?Recon1? XL file attached. Under Recon1 ? ?RECEIVABLES 1? contains the as is data converted from notepad. Later we need to modify the same data using macro as specified in ?RECEIVABLES 2? and then as per the format available in ?RECEIVABLES 3?.

Any help on this would be highly appreciable.

Bob Phillips
05-24-2008, 05:25 AM
That sounds like a whole project, and you are asking us to do it for you? the idea is to help, not do your work.

grichey
05-24-2008, 12:57 PM
first post no less

petethegreek
05-24-2008, 01:28 PM
cool data are these real companies

Bob Phillips
05-25-2008, 03:55 AM
cool data are these real companies

Whoa! Didn't even notice that, I have deleted my immediately.

NijelJ
05-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Attached please find the sample data

mikerickson
05-26-2008, 01:20 AM
What is the input that produces those three pages?
Transformations between the different lay-outs are possible, but I don't understand what input to start with.

NijelJ
05-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Sheet "RECEIVABLES 1" is a original converted file from text to excel..
What I need is remove all rows (Receivable 1)till "Bargain Ref Date Date" which is A16. So this will become 1st row in "RECEIVABLES 2". Similarly if found any instances of above rows then delete it. I marked all rows in green which needs to be deleted from "Receivables 1". I have just uploaded the sample data.

"Receivables 3" is a refined version of ""Receivables 2".

Values picked from "Receivables 2" and put in "Receivables 3"contains

COl Name Value needs to be pick from
Ref No:Receivales 2 --> Column G2 .. keeps on changing
Name: Receivales 2 --> Column A
Code : Receivales 2 --> Column A numbers like (1234567,1324567)
Date: Receivales 2 --> Column C
Rate : Receivales 2 --> Column H
Amount due: Receivales 2 --> Column J

Thanks in Advance for any help you may provide.

Regards,
Shane

mikerickson
05-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I have a question.
In Receivables1, row 164, the company ANIL DHIRUBHAI AMBANI is listed, but column G of that row is empty, unlike like the other rows with a company name in column A.

There is a similar situation with New York Life in row 227

Is this a typo in the sample data set or is it a feature of the data you will be given?