PDA

View Full Version : Show user form

rajesh nag
05-25-2008, 07:55 AM
HI

I have sheet in which if i enter a word in column D2, it should value from C which matches in column in A i cannot go for Vlookup as if i have two same first name its difficult for me to pick from C the matching one.

Can any one help if i enter a value in D2 if that value exists in column A more than ones then it should a user from all the matching values in C for the same word clicking on the required one should store in E2

HaHoBe
05-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi, rajesh nag,

have a look at the download Multilookup (http://www.erlandsendata.no/downloads/multilookup.zip) from Erlandsendata (If you look up numbers/text from lists/databases that contains several duplicate values, you will have use for this function. If the value you are looking for occurs more than once, the function displays a dialogbox that lets you select which value you want the function to return.).

Ciao,
Holger

mikerickson
05-25-2008, 01:15 PM
If this is your data is columns A and C:
Smith apple
Jones banana
Adams coconut
Smith date
Jones eggplant
Jones fennel

And the user enters "Smith" in D2, you want a form to appear, letting the user choose between "apple" "date" and "fennel".

This UDF might help you. In E2, put =LookupMultiMatch(D2,A:A,C:C,TRUE,FALSE).
The searchTerm, searchRange, and resultRange are required arguments.
The optional boolean arguments MultiSelect and EmptyStringNotAccepted default to False.

The routine calls a userform with 1 list box, 1 label and 1 command button.

rajesh nag
05-26-2008, 04:14 AM
Hi ,

Thanks for the help but in my file i have used that formula in E7, Value will be stored in the same cell, i want the value to be stored in E8 and formula in E7,

can you help me on this
regards

mikerickson
05-26-2008, 11:40 AM
No formula in E7 can store its value in E8.