PDA

View Full Version : Permutation two

sasa
05-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Considered a given sequence of names in a column, for example a1= Mary, a2= Mark, a3= Nike, a4= jimmy ad so on for 31 rows it is possible to arrange a macro that can give any permutation of these names while leaving other names fixed in their positions.

sasa

mdmackillop
05-26-2008, 09:02 AM
I don't understand what you are after.

sasa
05-27-2008, 12:24 AM
May be my practical need can better explain what I mean. The four names are four workers and every day the are not necessarily present at work. So what I need is the possibility to obtain a sequence where considered that some days are present only one or two workers I can equally distribuite their work shift in the month. I need to alternate them in the best way possible. Infact if they are all avalable every day I can easy choice one among the four and alternate them every day, but if I have some day only one or two avalable I am forced to select these, so in the other days I'd like to select the others to obtain a correct distribution of the work shifts.
I think that select the quatrain where I have a limited choice of the workers, I need a routine able to find all the other quatrains that better combine with this one.

I don't know if my question has a solution.

Aussiebear
06-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Hi Sasa, Can you post your workbok so we can see what it is that you are trying to work with?

Simon Lloyd
06-09-2008, 02:42 AM
This thread is directly related to this thread (http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20045)