PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] XLD 10K (updated) 15K

mdmackillop
05-29-2008, 03:39 AM
Congratulations Bob on 10,000 posts (and never a "Thanks for the feedback" amongst them! :devil2: )
:ole: :bigdance2 :ole:
Keep 'em coming.

In awe,
Malcolm

anandbohra
05-29-2008, 04:09 AM
Bravo man :thumb
keep it up. :beerchug:

Thanks for helping us :yes

:bow::bow::bow:
:bow::bow:
:bow:

RonMcK
05-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Bob,

That's quite a milestone. Congratulations and many thanks for your consistent, timely, incisive, cleverly creative, and illuminating solutions. You set a very good high bar for me to strive towards.

Thanks!

Simon Lloyd
05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
10,000 - and never a cross word?, go on treat yourself to a few you've earned it!

Usually with a post count like that you could argue that its quantity not quality - well i'm not one to argue ;)

Well done my old mate for sticking with it....lol

Oorang
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks Bob, your contributions have helped make this board a great place :)

Malcom>> I think he deserves a title for that *hint* :D

Zack Barresse
05-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Please also see: http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145481#post145481

:yes

Ken Puls
05-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Zack, that post was very well written, and I couldn't agree more.

Bob, I'm proud to be able to call you a friend, and am glad that you came here to share your experiences, views and expertise with all of us. :)

Oorang
05-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Wow Zack, when you create a dignity, you create a dignity. I hadn't considered you might add him to the peerage. It's like our own little VBAX realm now :)

Zack >>> :creator:
Bob >>> :king:
Simon >>>:viking:
Aaron >>> :jester:

Aussiebear
05-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Well done Bob, your contribution is highly regarded.

lucas
05-30-2008, 04:46 AM
For my part Bob I wish to issue a heartfelt thanks. I always read your responses and am better for it. Thanks for giving your time here, it is much appreciated. I too am in awe of your expertise and inspired by your generous nature.

Brandtrock
05-31-2008, 03:26 AM
What a relief! I thought Bob was sponsoring a race. Running is not my cup of tea.

All kidding aside, your skills and contributions here are epic. The amount of code that you have helped write is simply staggering. The members at VBAX are certainly lucky to have someone as willing as you to assist us.

I've learned quite a lot from your posts and have the utmost respect for your contributions Bob (even if you continue to insist that I spell color wrong!) :beerchug:

Your slavish admirer,

Jacob Hilderbrand
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Congrats :beerchug:

Bob Phillips
06-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words guys. It is really an honour to be the first to 10,000, but it is also great that VBAX now has a a 10K poster, just up to you guys to get there as well and big up the site's kudos.

Oh, and Malcolm ... thanks for the feedback.

JimmyTheHand
06-04-2008, 07:06 AM
we are certain VBAX would not be what it is today without the help of Bob.
Very true. A considerable amount of what I know comes from you, Bob, and when I help others, often the only thing I do is distributing your knowledge. (Without permission :o:)
I'm sure many others feel the same way.

You have a teacher's insctinct, feeding disciples just enough knowledge to help them get over some difficulty or other. This way you keep us inspired, and interested in doing our part of the solution. Also, this way you keep us feeling entitled to half of the credits :)

For me, it doesn't feel right to congratulate for the 10K+ postcount, because it's just a side-effect. The essence is that you are a helpful man with a generous nature, who can always be counted on. My deepest respect and thanks for all you have done here.:bow: And my wish for you is that you can do the same in the outer world.

Jimmy

shades
06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Congrats, Bob. Well done! You set the bar high for everyone!

mdmackillop
06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Congrats, Bob. Well done! You set the bar high for everyone!
Thankfully, it's so high that I can stll creep under it!

Ken Puls
06-04-2008, 10:57 PM
... thanks for the feedback.
:SHOCKED:

That didn't break the board software! I was sure it would!

:rotlaugh:

Bob Phillips
06-05-2008, 02:52 AM
:SHOCKED:

That didn't break the board software! I was sure it would!

:rotlaugh:

No, but I have been in therapy since ...

Ken Puls
06-05-2008, 10:03 PM
LOL! Is the therapist okay? <evil grin>

Zack Barresse
06-06-2008, 01:23 PM
No, but I have been in therapy since ...
And I bet your therapist will shortly need their own therapy... :devil2:

Paul_Hossler
06-06-2008, 08:08 PM
XLD :bow: -- congrats :beerchug: (I hate "Me Too's", but this is a milestone)

Shades of Y2K -- what would happen if you rolled over 9,999 + 1 = 0,000 and you had to start over :(

Paul

Zack Barresse
06-09-2008, 11:48 AM
XLD :bow: -- congrats :beerchug: (I hate "Me Too's", but this is a milestone)

Shades of Y2K -- what would happen if you rolled over 9,999 + 1 = 0,000 and you had to start over :(

Paul
I bet he'd still be the first to 10k. ;)

Ken Puls
06-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Hmmm... if you set Malcolm back to zero first, maybe. I don't think even Bob could beat Malcolm to 10,000 if you gave Malcolm a 7,000 point lead. ;)

EDIT: Just to be clear on this though, it's not at all a competition to Bob. I'm 100% sure of that.

Digita
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Congratulations Bob. Thanks for all the generous help you have given to me and many others.

Regards and have a great day.

kp

mdmackillop
06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Hmmm... if you set Malcolm back to zero first, maybe. I don't think even Bob could beat Malcolm to 10,000 if you gave Malcolm a 7,000 point lead.
Not too sure about that, if you discounted all my "moderator/admin" posts.

Bob Phillips
06-10-2008, 02:28 PM
If MOS Master was still around, we would probably have a 20K poster today :hi:

lucas
06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
I haven't heard from Joost for a long time. I used to get an email once in a while but not for some time now. He was definitely an active member.

Zack Barresse
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes he probably would! I do miss Joost. :mkay

Ken Puls
06-10-2008, 09:48 PM
No argument from me on that one. He was prolific, that boy! :yes

lucas
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
The direction of this thread prompted me to fire a quick email to Joost and I just received a reply. It was brief as my note was short because I wasn't sure he would receive it.

He says he has been busy but is missing the forum world and to give his regards to all who know him.

Oorang
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
He never sends flowers anymore...

Bob Phillips
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM

Maybe Sunday ...

lucas
06-11-2008, 07:30 PM

He obviously doesn't know how sensitive we are :devil2:

MOS MASTER
06-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Bob... AKA Grand Master, (and hi guys) :hi:

I thought I'd drop in for a few minutes.
Congrats on your amazing achievement (the number of individuals helped must be astonishing) and it's nice to know you still remember me.

And your right I wonder how much posts I would have if I could still be an active member. But I'll try to stop by more for a visit. (but even at my old rate of 15 post a day I wouldn't come close to you in a long time)

You (and more guys in this topic) have been a great inspiration to me and I do realize how sensitive you guys are! :devil2: (so thumbs up to you all)

Hope to see you guys more often.
Ps: Steve... thanks for waking me up...
Ps: Zack... the feeling is mutual, if we could only have 48 hours in a day...
Ps: Ken... right back at yah buddy...

jammer6_9
06-15-2008, 11:24 PM
All of my POST in this FORUM were all answered by XLD :clap: :clap: :clap: ... Thanks a lot :friends:

Hoopsah
06-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Congratulations Bob,

You are without doubt one of the good guys.

:offwall:

malik641
08-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Well done, Bob! Congratulations to you! :bow:

One of the things I like most about Bob is that he has never treated anybody unfairly. He is always civil, and never arrogant. On top of all that, he shares a wealth of knowledge that we can all be grateful for. An all around great guy!

Way to go, Bob! :thumb

Sir Babydum GBE
09-28-2008, 05:41 PM
One of the things I like most about Bob is that he has never treated anybody unfairly. He is always civil, and never arrogant.

Do you know, I'm sure he once was disparaging about my being in Wales. But I guess no one is perfect.

I like him.

Aussiebear
09-29-2008, 01:54 AM
I heard he's written a case select loop to cover the disparaging comment about your being in Wales..... but if you were to move, it'll exit the sub.

Bob Phillips
09-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Do you know, I'm sure he once was disparaging about my being in Wales. But I guess no one is perfect.

As my family originate from Wales themselves, I am sure the disparagement was nothing about Wales ...

But you are Yorkshire too as I recall, and I might well have made some comment about that strange Northern place, indeed I did again earlier today.

georgiboy
10-25-2008, 01:40 AM
I have not been a member for long but from what i have seen this man has no limits to his patients and his ability to understand things i can only dream of:bow:. I have learned alot from XLD in a short amount of time (not my ability to spell i must add) and will continue to do so. I can only say, and i think i say this for everyone "Thanks for all of your support and time".:kiss

mdmackillop
07-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Barely a year on and another milestone notched up. :wine:

Thanks Bob for all you contributions to this site, and I'm still learning from you. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Regards
Malcolm

Aussiebear
07-11-2009, 04:29 AM
VBAExpress doesn't have an official title that truely reflects the quality of the contribution that Bob offers through this site to all those wanting to learn. Like so many others, I am in awe of his ability to not just code, but more importantly convey information to others in need.

I raise my glass to you Bob, in sincere appreciation.

Hoopsah
07-11-2009, 07:03 AM
I can only say that I was completely daunted with VBA when I first had to use. Thankfully I found this site and then even better Bob found me.

He has always been extremely helpful and polite and understanding that we all have different knowledge bases.

I love VBA now and that just wouldn't have happened without the help from Bob.

Even now when I am just perusing the site I always go in and read ant that have been solved by XLD and there is always plenty to read.

Congratulations Bob and thanks for all the help

Gerry

Simon Lloyd
07-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Barely a year on and another milestone notched up. :wine:

Thanks Bob for all you contributions to this site, and I'm still learning from you. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Regards
MalcolmMalcolm, don't encourage him, he's just showing off! :yes

Anyway, whilst Bob may have a low post count at least they're ALL quality.

Bob, i believe each and every one of us has had the benefit of your knowledge and experience.

THANKS!

blaqk
01-19-2010, 09:13 PM
congratulations!!

austenr
01-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks for all the knowledge, help past and future.

brettdj
02-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Well done Bob, that's a remarkable amount of knowledge and assistance that you have imparted to the Excel community

Regards

Dave

Oorang
02-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Woot:D

marryhappy
06-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Usually with a post count like that you could argue that its quantity not quality

Aussiebear
06-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Usually with a post count like that you could argue that its quantity not quality

Your comment is clearly wrong. XLD has been a very strong contributor to this site and others like it. It is through his considerable effort that many people world wide have been encouraged to learn vba. I've lost count of the number of websites that XLD has made contributions in and he is highly regarded in all.

Should you take the time to read this, may I remind you that your signature was trying to promote sales of items. Since you didn't approach the Administrators for permission, I have taken the liberty to remove your spam and you can spend some time on the sidelines, whilst the rest of the world continues on with the game.

kia101
07-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Congrats!!!!

Hoopsah
07-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Your comment is clearly wrong. XLD has been a very strong contributor to this site and others like it. It is through his considerable effort that many people world wide have been encouraged to learn vba. I've lost count of the number of websites that XLD has made contributions in and he is highly regarded in all.

Should you take the time to read this, may I remind you that your signature was trying to promote sales of items. Since you didn't approach the Administrators for permission, I have taken the liberty to remove your spam and you can spend some time on the sidelines, whilst the rest of the world continues on with the game.

Well said AussieBear,

I had trawled through many many forums looking for help on VBA and Excel, some could be good some could be terrible.

When I first got help from XLD I was amazed at how good he was and also how patient he was, I have had a few pm discussions with him and he has helped me immensely.

Aussiebear
07-16-2013, 04:06 AM
Thank you. Bob deserves a lot more credit than he currently receives. The fact that he does all this, not just at this site, for the benefit of everybody should never be brought into question.