PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Insert table from excel to acces

sls
06-07-2008, 05:30 PM
hello,

When i insert my excel file in acces for making a new table. I can never get my autonumbering equal to my normal numbering from my original excel file.

How can i get these two numbers equal, so that i can work with the autonumbering instead of my excel numbering. (the order of the numbering is important).

wvg,

Sls

Ken Puls
06-07-2008, 09:52 PM
It might help if you gave us a mock up of your Excel data and the method (or VBA) you are currently using to get your info to Access.

I have an article on my site on getting info to Access from Excel via ADO... I've never had an issue with it writing the data out of order...

Export a Range of Excel Data to a Database (http://www.excelguru.ca/node/18)

sls
06-08-2008, 12:52 AM
the method that i have used:
I have used a standard tool that is in acces to insert a new tabel from a existing file(here a excel file): "file>get extern data>Import from excel.
when i insert the table i have put the key on my kolom that is my index in excel.
Than i have added a new kolom with the autonumbering.
and when i look at my original kolom from my excel file and my newly insert autonumbering do not correspondant on al rows.

i have put a part of my table in attachement. I you check the numbers 5390,...., you will see that they do n't correspondant.

wvg,

sls
EDIT:
[file upload does not work for the moment; working on it for the moment, my excuses here fore]
EDIT2: Solved the upload off the example file

Ken Puls
06-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Okay, so at 5362 it goes out of whack. I don't see any code in the database though, and it's hard to tell what's going on without that or the excel file you are pulling from.

sls
06-14-2008, 05:52 AM
i have found a solution so that i do'nt have to change something.

I want to thank you for your help!

friendly greetings,

sls