PDA

View Full Version : Excel to Access

fizz_uk83
02-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi, I'm new to access and am trying to generate a report using values from excel... Basically on a form 'AnimalSelection' in access I will type the name of an animal in the animal text box and press the generate report button. When pressed, the excel sheet 'Enemy' needs to open and be searched for the name typed in the text box. When found the name of the animal along with the name of the enemy associated with it needs to be inserted in to the report in the locations specified in the report....Im really struggling with this as i dont know much VBA http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

....I have attached what I have so far....any help would be really appreciated..
thanks

Faye
-x-

Anne Troy
02-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi, Faye!

Can you link the Excel worksheet to the database? If so, then it's a simple "query by form". If you search for that exact phrase, or QBF Microsoft Access, you'll likely hit the MS page that tells how to create a query by form.

If I haven't provided enough info, or if you can't link the Excel as a table, please post back so someone more helpful can respond. :)