PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Page fields to new sheets

4elephants
06-12-2008, 01:52 PM
I am looking for a little help, and I cant seem to find anything thay seem like it will do what I need.

I have a workbook that I am creating that even new employees can use. They basically copy a download onto the tab called "Main", and then start clicking buttons on the "Instruction" tab and various tasks are then automated for them. By pressing button 1 (Damage Waiver) the data has a calculation done on it (this will be used later). Button 2 (Click to Split) splits the data onto a worksheet based on the value in column A. Button 3 (Pivot Part 1) takes the data from "Main" and creates a small pivot table. The user will then print out this table. Now this is where you guys come in, Button 4 (Pivot Part 2) needs to change the pivot table fields, so the page field would be Cust (column A), Row Area = Orderno (E), Ref (F) and Contract (G). The data field = Cost (Q). I need one new worksheet for every unique value of page field, naming the new sheets "page field value" "Temp" e.g. 123abc Temp. Then i need to go back to the pivot table and create a new table with column s in the row area and column u in the data field.

Finally I need to add a new button to a macro that will delete all the newly added sheets, the instruction sheet and all the macros.

Would this be possible, and has anyone anyidea how i would go about doing this? I am attaching a sample file, with data so you can see what I am doing.

Thanks for your help.