PDA

View Full Version : How to give a dataset corresponding ranges?

truzilla
06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
: pray2: Hello Everyone!

I apologize but this problem may be a little complex to explain. I have attached an excel sheet to make it a little clearer.

So I need the code to assign the list of names a range that corresponds to each of the scores they get for a specific date. I need to use this range to input into the second sheet in that exact format, but for every single date.
The problem arrives because the data that I have can change from year to year, so one year one of the names may be gone and another 2 are put into its place. Thus I have already figured out the code to select the names (no matter how many there are), but I need help giving that dataset a range that corresponds directly to their scores so I can accurately input the data into sheet #2.

In short, how can I assign the data set/chunk a range that can be linked to the corresponding ranges (test scores) directly to the right of them on sheet one, then entered into sheet 2 in that format (needs to be input into access).

My real data is over 40 rows and has many more numbers but I hope you get the idea. I'm just really new at this and have been given this difficult task. THANK YOu so much for your help and I'll try and clarify if needed!