PDA

View Full Version : Excel Right Click Menu Always Up

nb-
06-18-2008, 09:20 AM
My Excel (2003) has developed a very strange problem, whenever I open a file, be it Excel workbook, or CSV etc. I permanently have the right click menu up as though I had just right clicked on the last clicked cell. This is extremely annoying as it makes it almost impossible to do anything.

I have tried, disabling all the addins (both com and otherwise) with the exception of MZ tools. I have tried repairing Excel, as well as removing it and reinstalling (only the excel component of office) to no avail. Any ideas how to stop this behavior, other office applications are not behaving in this strange way.

lucas
06-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a mouse setting maybe......that is strange. You might try going to the help menu and selecting "about" there is a button at the bottom that will show any disabled items......don't really think that is the problem but you should check it when you are having unexplained problems.

nb-
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Contains Acrobat PDF Maker, and send to bluetooth, neither of which I imaging being an issue.

lucas
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Does this occur in other applications?.......Control panel/ mouse

nb-
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
No, missed mentioning that - only in excel.

Bob Phillips
06-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Do you have Google toolbar installed, that messes up a lot of things.

lucas
06-18-2008, 10:34 AM
What is in your personal.xls? any code that might be fired when you open any excel file?

lucas
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Have you tinkered with any (right click)context menu's lately.....maybe one that you ran that didn't clean up after itself?

grichey
06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm curious what the cause is here. Could make for an amusing joke to some of the folks in the office.

nb-
06-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

Do you have Google toolbar installed, that messes up a lot of things.

No.

What is in your personal.xls? any code that might be fired when you open any excel file?

Not sure, I dont think I have one, will check tomorrow.

Have you tinkered with any (right click)context menu's lately.....maybe one that you ran that didn't clean up after itself?

No, certinaly not recently anyway, however my machine did get rebooted for the first time in about a month yesterday, and the problems appeared first time I tried to use excel today (I am tempted to blame windows update...).

I'm curious what the cause is here. Could make for an amusing joke to some of the folks in the office.

Ditto ;), and so I can stop it as well.

Paul_Hossler
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Did you check to make sure that the mouse button is not stuck?

Paul

nb-
06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Did you check to make sure that the mouse button is not stuck?

Paul
Mouse if fine, it is specific to excel.

I dont appear to have one.

I am now very puzzled... Any other ideas, I dont what to go down the line of trying to totally remove office, to see if that works...

Bob Phillips
06-19-2008, 06:42 AM
What addins do you have installed?

nb-
06-19-2008, 06:53 AM
What addins do you have installed?
VBA Code Documentor 5.0
XY Chart Labeler 7.0
MZ Tools 3.0
Pivot Table Helper 1.1.0.230
VBA Code Cleaner 5.0
VBE Tools v2.0
Excel Utilities 2.1
& An addin of mine which is just a collection of random functions I have made, with no calls to alter menus etc.