PDA

View Full Version : Criteria for Cross tab query

wasim_sono
06-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Dear All

I had created a cross tab query. it works fine but when I assign criteria through a criteria form then it gives error. The snap shot of the query is attached. Kindly help me urgently.

Thanks.

Wasim

CreganTur
06-24-2008, 09:38 AM
when I assign criteria through a criteria form

What is a criteria form?

Are you talking about an "Enter Paramater Value" pop-up box? Or are you passing a parameter from a Form, via textbox, combobox, or other object, to the Cross-Tab Query?

then it gives error.

Is there an error message, or is the error in the query data? If it's a message, then can you tell us what it is?

wasim_sono
06-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Dear

It is a form and snap shot of form and error message is attached for your reference please.

Thanks

Wasim

wasim_sono
06-25-2008, 02:59 AM
And here is the snap shot of criteria form.

Thanks

Wasim

OBP
06-25-2008, 03:58 AM
It should work if you assign the Forms![reportcriteria]![combo62] to a Parameter using Main Menu>Query>Parameters.
You can also try adding it to a pre-query so that the first query is filtered and then use that for your Crosstab query.

wasim_sono
06-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Dear OBP

This cross tab query based on another query named"TrialBal". The query "TrialBal" based on four different tables. I used criteria in "TrialBal" query but the result is same as in crosstab query.

Then I create a report based on query "TrialBal" and run it from criteriaform. The report works fine, means it accepts criteria from "Criteriaform", But when I used in crosstab query it gives an error.

As you suggest pre-query, so I think this "trialBal" query is a pre-query for crosstab query.

the snap shot of "TrialBal" is attached for reference.

Thanks.

Wasim

wasim_sono
07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Dear All

I'm still unable to solve the problem. Please help me and enable me to continue my project. If I got the solution then my project will able to run automatically otherwise every time when user required data he will call me and I change the query and then run the report.

So please please try to solve my problem.

Thanks.

Wasim