PDA

View Full Version : Solved: linking text data between sheets

joeyc
06-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi,

This is a general question. I never did something like this before and I don't think my current approach is right so I am asking for some strategy assistance on this one.

On Sheet1 of a workbook, I have questions and answers. The answers to these questions come in the form of text data that is rather long. On average, each answer is 2,000 characters. Now, these 2,000 character answers are linked to multiple sheets in this workbook. Currently, I have the cells wrapped and a user can only read these answers on linked sheets by copying the cell into say Microsoft Word and viewing them. Currently, I have all of this done in Microsoft Word, but it annoying because I have to scroll so much to get to where I want and with Excel you have sheets and I can put this info on separate sheets and not have to scroll.

Is their any better way to do this that immediately jumps out at you? Ideally, I would like one to be able to view the linked data on another sheet [NOT to have to paste it into a word processor] and for this innovation to take up AS LITTLE SPACE AS POSSIBLE. I have lots of questions being linked and space is important so it doesn't look clunky.

Any suggestions?

Simon Lloyd
06-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Why not have textboxes on a sheet in excel then you can reference them easier, plus there isn't the same lcharacter limitation in a textbox as there is a cell!

mdmackillop
06-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Popular topic today.
Have you seen this? (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=421)

lucas
06-26-2008, 08:06 AM
If Malcolm and Simons suggestions don't work you might try using target cell to activate a userform with a textbox....initialize will add the active cells value to the textbox.....

double click on one of the cells with text in column F. It works on any cell in column F

joeyc
06-27-2008, 10:52 PM
I will go with the text boxes. We'll see how that works for now. I did like the user form that pops up! I never saw that one before.

Thanks guys.

Please mark as resolved.