PDA

View Full Version : storing value, making registration tool

AntonioZZZ
06-28-2008, 02:35 AM
hi everybody!

i'm making an addin that will be selled.

1st.
i want make a trial version that will be working just 15 days. i want that on the first use of a certain botton the date will be stored in a global variable
, then i'll put an if statement to control the date and i'll make the addin not working. the problem is how can i store the date, without loose it on exit? i want it to be stored permanently in the addin.

2nd.

i want to make a registration userform where will be displayed the unique serial number of the addin (then i'll make an algorithm to produce the key)

i thouhgt to use ip adress (i already have the code to obtain the ip address) to originate the serial number, then the user must refer this number and i'll provide the key.

i want to input the key in a textbox and then, by pressing a button, make this textbox unselectable and unchangable...the problem is (like before) i can make this permanent change in the userform, without reset the userform each time the addin is loaded?

thanks to everybody,

and sorry for my english ;-) i tried my best

AntonioZZZ
06-28-2008, 02:39 AM
sorry,

i just found the topic about trial period on KB, by the way, is there any way to not create a log file?

AntonioZZZ
06-29-2008, 11:50 PM
no one can help me?

ask me if i didn't explain well

Charlize
07-03-2008, 01:49 AM
1. Store the value in the registry by using 'GetSetting' and 'SaveSetting'. There are some examples of this on this forum. That way you could check the registry.
2. Use a name for the serial key. Then convert every character to the asc-value of the letter (remember, capital or not gives a different number). (what if the ip address is hidden ?)
3. To make the textbox unselectable, use the registry with a certain value. If value is true (or whatever condition you want), textbox is selectable, if value is false, textbox isn't selectable.

Charlize

AntonioZZZ
07-03-2008, 11:17 PM
thanks a lot....

writing in the registry is very easy...i think i'll use it often from now on...for every stuff :-D

maybe i'll use both the log file and registry key...i don't know yet, but thanks very much