PDA

View Full Version : Ref Edit Control Missing

harrypotter
06-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Hi,

I have just go a new PC at work running XP and office 11 / 2003.

I have rewriten a piece of code that does a SQL call in to a workbook.

In order to use the connection functions I have to add in the Ref edit control which works fine.

However since editing on the 2003 (new) pc no one else can run the macro on there pcs, all XP running office 10 / XP.

I have to open the code VB editor untick the reference to Missing:Ref edit control, browse and add it back in again.

This works fine until I make another change on my new PC.

Just to complicate things one of the other new PCs, same setup as mine, can not run the macro ether.

I am doing something wrong, most DLLs know to look in program files\microsoft office\office 10 or 11 depending on the install of office but not the refedit.dll.

I can add the wookbook if that helps but as the SQL run on my server with my tables it may be hard for you do work with.

Any help will be much appriciated.

Thanks John

Oorang
07-08-2008, 10:10 AM
To begin with, I'd steer you away from the refedit control. It can be a bit buggy. But if you insist, you will need to point it to the oldest version of the control in use. Save it. On newer versions of Office the reference will auto update to the newest version, and on old versions it will still work fine.