PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Real splash screen

abvnewbie
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I've looked through the forums and found various examples of code for splash screens but all seem to be nothing more than invoking a userform with a graphics box on it (hardly what I'd call a splash screen). I found a pretty good example (see zip file below) for a splash screen in Access with a minimized userform that goes off screen so all the user sees is the graphic without the userform window. Does anyone know if something similar can be done within a Word form? Better yet, is there a way to show nothing but the graphic with no userform window? :help

MOS MASTER
07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi, :hi:

You need Windows API's to clear the titlebar and windowstyle of the Form. (If this was VB it would be much easier)

Colo has made and excellent example here for Excel: <click> (http://puremis.net/excel/code/024.shtml)
All the code is easily ported to Word except for the: Application.Wait method. (word doesn't have that)

So you need to implement another timer example. (plenty arround online)

HTH

abvnewbie
07-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Sweet! I've seen many a reference to Colo's example but couldn't find a link to his site...until now. Many thanks.

Now if only I could get this timer to work. The splash screen comes up but doesn't time out/unload after the specified time. Perhaps there's a better timer method than what I'm using...or maybe there's a simple fix which I can't quite figure out. Sample file and code are attached if you're inclined to give it a look see and steer me in the right direction. BTW, I've currently got an "Unload SplashForm" within Sub UserForm_Click() which at the moment is the only way to unload the splash form.

:banghead:

MOS MASTER
07-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi, :yes

I've had problems with the application.OnTime method in the past too.

You can use the Sleep API:

Public Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)

As an alternative.
See the attachment for the endresult.

HTH

abvnewbie
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
:006:
Fantastic! Banged my head around a while trying to figure out that application.ontime method. No need any more. Thanks again!

MOS MASTER
07-03-2008, 02:33 PM
You're most welcome! :yes