PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Automatic E-mail from Groupwise Resource

MMQQ
07-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Hello,

There's at least 2 types of groupwise accounts, personal and resource (ie Finance-Dept). The resource being one generic account for a unit and department and usually multiple people have joint proxy. Access to this resource is through logging in the personal account and then through a proxy change.

I have found code that will automatically create a session in Groupwise and send e-mails out to a group of people. The same code doesn't work with the resource. The macro doesn't recognize it as being the same as a personal account.

Is it possible at all to send e-mails through this resource and how should the code change? Copied this out from another thread.

'SECTION 1
'Declare all required variables

Const NGW$ = "NGW"
Dim ogwNewMessage As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Mail Dim StrLoginName As String, _
StrMailPassword As String, _
StrSubject As String, _
StrBody As String, _
strAttachFullPathName As String, _
sCommandOptions As String, _
cl As Range

'SECTION 2
'Set all required variables

StrLoginName = "GroupwiseMailboxName" 'Enter your mailbox ID here
StrMailPassword = "" 'A true password is not required
StrSubject = "Subject goes here"
StrBody = "Body of message goes here" & vbCrLf & _
"Sent at " & Now()
strAttachFullPathName = "" 'Put full path of workbook to be attached between quotes.

'SECTION 3
'Create the Groupwise object and login in to Groupwise

'Set application object reference if needed
If ogwApp Is Nothing Then 'Need to set object reference
DoEvents
Set ogwApp = CreateObject("NovellGroupWareSession")
DoEvents
End If

If ogwRootAcct Is Nothing Then 'Need to log in
'Login to root account
If Len(StrMailPassword) Then 'Password was passed, so use it
sCommandOptions = "/pwd=" & StrMailPassword
Else 'Password was not passed
sCommandOptions = vbNullString
End If

Set ogwRootAcct = ogwApp.Login(StrLoginName, sCommandOptions, _
, egwPromptIfNeeded)
DoEvents

End If

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
MM

Ken Puls
07-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi there,

I don't have access to Groupwise any more, so I can't test for you, but some Groupwise resources:

Send email using Novell's Groupwise 5.5 (or above)
Send email via Groupwise (http://www.excelguru.ca/node/90)
Extract Groupwise Attachments To a Directory (http://www.excelguru.ca/node/19)

Actually, iirc, the second like is a repro of the first, but may be a bit more up to date, as I maintain it there. The last one may just help you explore the OM a bit more.

Again, I don't have access to Groupwise any more as we migrated to Exchange 4 months ago. Hopefully this can help a bit!

MMQQ
07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi Ken,

I have already adapted the code from the attached links before and it works fine when automatically sending e-mails out from my personal account.

Are there any online resources where I can get more info on Groupwise, especially automatically proxing into another account (resource account) since I can't really logon to it directly? I'm hoping once this step is done I can send the e-mails through that account.

Thanks,
MM

Ken Puls
07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. Searching Novell's "Cool Tools" website may give you some hits, but I don't recall finding many.

One thing to note though... if you're just trying to send through someone else's mailbox, I don't think you don't need anything except the mailbox ID, as the password is always ignored. (This may only be the case when that user is logged on, but I don't think so.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "resource"? My Novell skills were rudimentary... enough to support my organization and ask the right questions, but the really high level stuff I farmed out... (Except for coding, that I do.)